.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A tale of rendition and torture.

A tale of Rendition and torture from the Guardian of London. I don't know anything about this guy except what's printed in this article. His story is kind of a Rorschach test, and I don't know if I believe him. But I'll bet there are millions of Muslims who will believe this, not to mention some Central Americans and others who suffered torture while the quiet anglo stood in the back.

We can publish all the good news we want about Iraq. We can create satellite channels in Iraq, the Arab world, and now, South America. But none of it will matter. In allowing questionable and illegal prisoner treatment, and not acting to eliminate it the moment it came to light, we have lost our credibility. Even if this is all lies, it will be belived by many, and in that America has already lost the battle of ideas, and thus, the war.

So, Rorschach test, do you believe it?

The story:Alleged bomb plotter claims two and a half years of interrogation under US and UK supervision in 'ghost prisons' abroad

And his diary: One of them took my penis in his hand and began to make cuts. He did it once, and they stood still for maybe a minute, watching my reaction. I was in agony. They must have done this 20 to 30 times, in maybe two hours. There was blood all over. "I told you I was going to teach you who's the man," [one] eventually said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home