.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Transcript the Qualls interview.

My paraphrase got it pretty close, to get reference, see this post from yesterday.

(And again, let me say that I have no issue with Mr. Qualls. He seems like an honest stand up guy who's taken a position. What I'm interested in is how he came to believe that people who are anti war are so that he has taught his kid's to stay away from them and not to "even associate with that type of people".)

Qualls: They had not even asked me permission to use my son‘s name or my family name. And whenever they found out that I was a fallen-hero father, and they realized they didn‘t have my son‘s name up there, they come up there and put the cross in the ground right in front of me. And I realized right then, Why are you doing this? You never even asked permission to use my son‘s name or my name. And yet I see all your groups around here, these types of groups that‘s affiliated with you, I don‘t believe in that type of stuff.I didn‘t raise my sons to be that type of a person or to even associate with that type of people. ......

OLBERMANN: How long do you plan too stay out there, sir?

QUALLS: I‘m not out here all the time, sir. I live just right up the road. I could be here every day if I wanted to, but I have a responsibility to my family, and as a parent and a father and a dad, and I‘ve had to play the mother role as well, I take that responsibility in stride. I stay with my family. I haven‘t forsaken them. I will not abandon them. And I stay home and take care of my responsibilities.

I have not left halfway across the country like Ms. Sheehan has, and she has forsaken her own family. I cannot do that.

OLBERMANN: Well, to be...

QUALLS: My priorities responsibilities as a parent are important.

.....

Qualls: ......And now by listening to this on the radio, there‘s many, many other fallen-hero families, they feel the same way. They do not want their family names and their sons‘ or daughters‘ names associated with what they‘re trying to express out at the Sheehan ranch.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home