.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Is that a statue of Andrew Jackson? Yes, but it don't matter


Scrap everything. It is an Andrew Jackson statue not confed general " Stonewall Jackson." I hope you'll forgive my mistake.

But, in my defense, I gotta say this, FEMA thought it was "Stonewall" Jackson, too.

Course if I'm measuring my competence by theirs ......

Came across this in a search.

Truehill recalled that FEMA officials showed the gathering a computer simulation, called a slosh model, predicting floodwaters rising to the horse's hoofs of Gen. Stonewall Jackson's statue in the French Quarter.

6 Comments:

  • Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson was the Confederate general. Andrew Jackson (the statue) was a general during the War of 1812. Not the same people.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 PM  

  • higher...and higher....

    wonder what he "really" meant by that! ;-)

    By Blogger SantaBarbarian, at 10:12 PM  

  • cripes, are you dumber than the presnit? That's Andrew Jackson, not Stonewall. Can you button your shirt right?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 PM  

  • If it's any consolation for your horrible boner, I doubt Bush wouldn't have known the difference between the two. Or have cared much about it, for that matter.

    By Blogger Red Tory, at 12:11 AM  

  • correction: "I suspect Bush wouldn't have known..."

    By Blogger Red Tory, at 12:14 AM  

  • I'm sure he did know the difference.....after all Andrew Jackson must be a special hero to him. He was the first Prez to use the 'spoils' system in appointments. Remember this? 'To the victor go the spoils' Kind of explains Bush's appointments.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home