.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Monday, September 12, 2005

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Fuckin' Names


Gotta admit, I'm not a huge Sean Penn fan, and in his politics, sometimes his timing is pretty poor. But I may have to change my opinion. The Dude went into New Orleans when nobody else, even the feds, dared to. He took supplies in, and brought people out. No reason, no obligation. Just a sense of total outrage that the Bush administration had left the poor of New Orleans to fend for themselves. This picture was put in the NYPost and then up on Drudge to "horrify" the "wimpy, anti-gun, liberals. "

Well, you know what. This is what the Dems need. Enough with the stereo types. When people are in trouble, in we go. Risk or not. And if you wanna stop me you better get fuckin' ready.

Mike

(P.S. There are lots of other honorable mentions - Harry Connick, Jr. One of the Neville Bros. Eli and Payton Manning who also went in and should not be forgotten. But today we're talking about the Rifleman.)

1 Comments:

  • That's exactly what I was thinking.

    I grew up in the Fast Times era, and I just can't seem to take his acting roles too seriously, although I think he's actually quite a good actor.

    But I think he's certainly shown he's politically fearless. Remember, he unapologetically stood up against the Iraq war when it was PR suicide to do so.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home