.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Saturday, October 22, 2005

But WHY did they kill Hariri?

The Mehlis report was released, headlines all major outlets, and it says that Syrian governement officials were involved in the killing of Rafiq Hariri. I know next to nothing about the politics of Syria and Lebanon, so I don't debate the findings, but I find it strange in all the coverage that nobody is discussing WHY they would've killed him.

I remember the time, the US was upping pressure on Syria to withdraw, and then former prime minister Hariri was killed. From what I understand, he was still a pretty major player in Lebanese politics, but I don't know the specifics.

Anybody got a mainstream source that would tell me why this group of high level Syrians would want Hariri killed?

***Gonna be a light posting day. After three days of heavy Fitzgerald frenzy, I need a day off. If anything comes up, I will put it up immediately as always, but I don't think much will be revealed today. Tomorrow probably as everybody tries to set the spin for the week, but I don't expect much today. So, I'm going to go sit outside and play with my sixteen year old dog.

She still loves the pretty days.

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home