.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, October 14, 2005

Pew poll.


I don't do too much on polling, because I feel that if I'm gonna put one up here, I have to look at all the internals, because as we all know, polls can be deceiving.

(For instance, the recent WSJ poll that showed Bush approval among blacks was at 2% was based on a sample size of 89 people. And although I doubt that Bush polls well among the black community, especially after Katrina, I really don't think a sample size of 89 is large enough to be very credible.)

But I do believe in the consensus of the major polls, and right now, I find the "right track/wrong direction numbers" pretty amazing. I do poll in the majority opinion which is on the "wrong direction" side, but I find it troubling as a citizen of this country that the "right track" number is at or below 30% in almost all the polls. I'm not amazed, but I'm troubled as to what it means for the optimism and, indeed, the future of our country.

This country needs new ideas and new leadership. Not because of the crimes and past actions of this administration, although I think they should go for that, but more importantly for the future well-being of the country. People no longer believe that this group of leaders will make things better.

Won't someone please step up. Republican, Democrat, I don't care. Will someone please step up to lead us out of this mess.

Update: Oh, sorry, forgot the link to the Pew poll from the graphic above. It's at the top right now, but you may have to scroll down later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home