.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, October 28, 2005

Post Indictment.

I don't have too much to say at this point. I'm happy to see that the press isn't buying the "perjury is no big deal" defense of the Republican spin. But, really, I don't know too much more than I knew this morning about all this with the exception that Libby has formally been indicted. Rove is still a question, the political implications for Cheney are still a question.

There are a few tantalizing clues in the indictment. Who is the unnamed Undersecretary of State? (Bolton) Who is the Mr. X? (official A). But overall I'm still processing all this.

I don't have anything of value to add at this point.

Here's a link to the indictment.

Do you think the trial will be on CourtTV?

Later. I guess this is news from the WaPo

Rove provided new information to Fitzgerald during eleventh-hour negotiations that "gave Fitzgerald pause" about charging Bush's senior strategist, said a source close to Rove. "The prosecutor has to resolve those issues before he decides what to do."


And best guess across the blogosphere is that the Undersecretary of State mentioned in the indictment was Grossman, not Bolton.

And tonight AP names "Official A" as Karl Rove. No surprise in that, but it is significant.

2 Comments:

  • Hey Mike,

    I'm with you on Bolton being the Unersecretary of State, but I guess others know better.

    What puzzles me most is that Novak wasn't mentioned at all. I would think that if Libby had been one of Novak's sources, given that Fitzpatick named other reporters that Libby talked to, he would have said so.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 PM  

  • It's good to hear from you Dorita. I was afraid I'd fallen out of your favorites.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home