.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Iraq abuse 'as bad as under Saddam'

Although this statement is being made two weeks before the election and Allawi is running on a secular slate, I still think this is a pretty big statement.

From The Scotsman

Human rights abuses in Iraq are now as bad as they were under Saddam Hussein and could become even worse, the country's former interim prime minister has said.

"People are doing the same as Saddam's time and worse," Ayad Allawi told the Observer newspaper. "It is an appropriate comparison."

Allawi accused fellow Shiites in the government of being responsible for death squads and secret torture centres and said the brutality of elements in the new security forces rivals that of Saddam's secret police.


5 Comments:

  • Of course, Allawi knows all about the brutality of Saddam's regime. He was up to his neck in it back in the day (as part of the Iraqi Student Union).

    By Blogger Disillusioned kid, at 7:30 AM  

  • yeah.

    don't get me started on the scotsman tho. thats my neck of the woods

    By Blogger michael the tubthumper, at 7:54 AM  

  • Actually, Michael, I'd be really curious as to your take on the Scotsman. I know next to nothing about it except that it's a large paper out of Scotland.


    What are it's politics, your criticisms? Be brief if you want, I would be curious.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:08 PM  

  • Hey there Everyone, I am not completely new to your website but I thought right now was as good as time as any to say hi, so.. well hey there :)
    Here is [url=http://provenpenisenlargement.blogspot.com/2010/06/proven-penis-enlargement-look-at-proven.html]My Blog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:39 PM  

  • Hello Everybody, I'm not brand-new on the website but I thought at present was as good as time as any to say hey, so.. well hello there :)
    Here is [url=http://provenpenisenlargement.blogspot.com/2010/06/manual-penis-enlargement-size-trainer.html]Our page

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home