.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Monday, January 09, 2006

Gonzales and Ashcroft and Comey, oh my!

Regarding the Judiciary committe's investigation into warrantless wiretapping:
Asked on CBS's "Face the Nation" whether Gonzales had agreed to appear, Specter said, "Well, I didn't ask him if he had agreed. I told him we were holding the hearings, and he didn't object. I don't think he has a whole lot of choice on testifying."

Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) called for former Atty. Gen. John Ashcroft and former Deputy Atty. Gen. James Comey to testify at the hearings.

I'm sure there's going to be a lot of "I can't answer that as it is related to a classified program," but like the press briefings, I think it will be the questions that are important. And, way to go Arlen. As head of the committee, you don't have to ask him to show up, you can tell him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home