.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I love Big Brother.

It's not the new scanner that intrigues me in this. It's the peppy, overly positive presentation that implies I should be excited about the wonderful new technology being used to scan me in every public space I enter. (Maybe I'm just having a paranoid morning, but this just sounds like a bad Soviet/Chinese propaganda piece to me.)
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A new surveillance device using radio waves to look under peoples' clothing for concealed guns, bombs or other weapons may be coming soon to a security checkpoint near you.

But the modest need not worry about screeners sneaking a voyeuristic peek because the system only identifies non-human material tucked inside clothing and does not convey images of the naked form underneath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home