.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Americans think we're losing in Iraq

I can't quickly find an article with details, so for now I'm just going to post the brief Gallup summary. This is all that's up there unless you're a Gallup subscriber.
An update on Americans' views toward the war in Iraq finds some of the more pessimistic views Gallup has measured since the war began. A majority of Americans continue to say the war was a mistake and say that they oppose the war. Fewer than one in three Americans say the United States is winning, the lowest percentage Gallup has measured on that question to date.


I've been writing a lot about how the media presentation of the latest violence in Iraq would affect US support for the war. Just from my memory, the "not winning" number represents at least a ten point drop from the last poll I saw if not more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home