.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Monday, February 13, 2006

A little more on Cheney's shooting

Two more quick points on Cheney's shooting. (Here's the earlier post filled with much speculation.)

1) Apparently, according to Olberman on MSNBC tonight, not only were the sheriffs delayed a few hours by the Secret Service in questioning Cheney, they were not able to talk to him until 8 AM the next morning. Dick needed his beauty sleep? (No link, just believe me.)

2) A press release by the Kennedy County Sheriff's department states "that there was no alcohol or misconduct involved in the incident." (At least as far as they could tell by interviewing Cheney and his friends fifteen hours after the shooting. - Mike)

Press release here, and shooting report here. (Notice that there is an existent form for such incidents with clear columns marked SHOOTER and VICTIM. Don't know why that made me laugh.)

And now we'll get back to our regular programming.

(Later) Okay, just a little more. I'm surprised this has gone this far without anyone mentioning the old movies "The Most Dangerous Game" or Ice-T's flop "Surviving the Game."

I mean, with Cheney's reputation, he would cast well as Count Zaroff.

2 Comments:

  • surviving the game was great. I don't know if I would like it know, but when I first watched it, I thought is was awesome

    By Blogger Graeme, at 11:44 PM  

  • I feel very much the same, but when I first watched it I was twelve, fourteen, maybe?

    I remember it as a fun rainy saturday scifi movie.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home