.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, February 02, 2006

The logic of this astounds me

(Wash Times - so customary Moonie alert.)
Despite statements by senior al Qaeda leaders, U.S. intelligence agencies do not have information indicating the group is ready to conduct a major attack, U.S. counterterrorism officials said.

This article then goes on to say that obviously since we don't know of any attacks pending, Al Qaeda's threats must be propaganda.

Talk about propaganda. No warning in Madrid, no warning in London, or Bali, or Jordan..... The fact that you don't know about anything worries me all the more because that could mean that it's not just some crazy locals who are caught up in the jihadi fervor, it's somebody who actually might know what they're doing. And the terrorist 'A' team would likely get the most resources.

So quit telling me that since you don't know anything that means that I'm safe. All you're really telling me is that you don't know anything. And I think that tells me I'm less safe.

2 Comments:

  • Yeah, there's a whole lotta smoke around the "official" 9-11 story as well. I'm aware of alot of unanswered, beyond coincidental, connections around the Madrid bombings, not as familiar with any around London.

    I'm not really afraid, just on the percentages if nothing else. I'm more incensed that this article makes it sound like the intel officials looked, found nothing and are satisfied with that answer.

    I mean, if they're illegally wiretapping, torturing and disappearing people, and yet they're satisfied with a nothing's going on answer?

    (I do recognize that this is an "everything's fine" release, but that almost makes me angrier.)

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 3:37 PM  

  • The London bombings occurred during a terror drill that was similar to the terrorist attack that went down. Much as 9/11 took place during a terror drill where terrorists hijacked planes and flew them into buildings.
    If all the torture and wiretaps have't exposed anything, it's because they didn't want anything exposed. Bush is going to need a reason to invade Iran once they switch to the euro, so any "terrorist" attack will have to be one they allowed to happen to further their agenda, and will blamed on the fact that we weren't doing enough torturing and wiretapping.
    Why is it that all these word verifications look like zarqawi?

    By Blogger Lew Scannon, at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home