.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, February 19, 2006

The McCain torture amendment.

In light of these previous two posts about McCain being chosen by Bush as his apparent successor, it got me thinking about the whole McCain torture amendment sham. He did it again.

McCain took a "principled" stand pushing the anti-torture amendment into law, but when George Bush issued a signing statement saying that he reserved the right to torture, and the spotlight moved away from McCain, he let the issue drop.

So let's see, McCain gets the public press of being independent, a reformer, and principled, and then on the back side, he gets goodies from Bush for letting the issue more or less stay in the same situation. Watch his lobbying reforms, it'll be a different version of the same thing.

I know I'm harping on about McCain, but I am a supporter scorned.

2 Comments:

  • No harm in pressing for accountablitiy this early in the game. But I somehow get the feeling that McCain's being set up for a more likely Republican presidential candidate, referred to by his intials.

    By Blogger Lew Scannon, at 1:27 PM  

  • I'm sorry, I'm not sure who you're referring to off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll feel stupid when you tell me, but please tell me.

    Republican presidential candidate referred to by his initials....?

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home