.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, February 03, 2006

Plame Gossip

Libby's trial date is set for Jan '06, well after the midterm elections. The original proposed date was in Sept, but Libby's lawyer had another trial scheduled. From what I've read about Judge Reggie Walton, I doubt his setting of this date is political in any way. Thus far, he seems like a straight shooter.

Also, I've seen this allegation in two places, Firedoglake and Rawstory, but I don't see the ironclad connection here. Murray Waas reported yesterday on a classified memo that Cheney and Libby were "personally informed" that the African Uranium claims were false. Certainly, I see how that gives some meat to the bones of the conspiracy theory of the Plame crime, but I don't see how it really provides any new proof that such a conspiracy took place.

I firmly believe that Plame was outed as part of a coordinated conspiracy involving Cheney, but other than enhancing motive, I don't see any new concrete evidence there. But, if Fitzgerald was in possession of this memo, it certainly would indicate conspiracy to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home