.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Quickhits

Bush has asked for more money for Iraq/Afghanistan pushing the total bill up " toward a staggering half-trillion dollars..... More money will likely be needed in 2007.(AP)" Straight math tells me that $1,666 in debt for each and every one of us. You wanna half the deficit, stop the war.

Murray Waas is reporting from a classified memo, that Cheney and Libby "were personally informed" that the African Uranium claims were false well before they went after Joe Wilson. I guess lies are to be more closely guarded than identities of covert agents.

And there's another British memo stating that Bush was set on war despite reality. "Mr Bush made it clear the US intended to invade whether or not there was a second resolution and even if UN inspectors found no evidence of a banned Iraqi weapons programme." (The Guardian) (Channel 4 has some interesting tidbits on this as well.)

And ya'll told me to watch Feingold... I gotta give him points for this. (NYTimes)

In one pointed exchange, Senator Russell D. Feingold of Wisconsin, a Democrat, asked Mr. Negroponte whether there were any other intelligence programs that had not been revealed to the full intelligence committees.

The intelligence chief hesitated, then replied, "Senator, I don't know if I can answer that in open session."

2 Comments:

  • I am growing more and more impressed with feingold. I haven't heard anything about that British memo, here. Thank god for the guardian

    By Blogger Graeme, at 1:11 AM  

  • Yeah, I knew nothing about the guy, and when I put up a picture of Gore on Wed morning talking about 2008. Every comment mentioned Feingold positively.

    I knew nothing about the guy, but I made a point to myself that with that much unsolicited parise, I ought to learn more about the guy.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home