.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Smokin' Paul Hackett

I wanna vote for this guy. This is a guy I would follow. Paul Hackett for Senate (Ohio.)
"That’s low politics, punk!” a heavy-set man sneers as he marches toward the poll.
Hackett wheels around. “Pardon me?”

“You know, that radio ad that says, ‘You don’t know Schmidt.’” He’s talking about one of Hackett’s attack ads against Republican Jean Schmidt. The man spews a stream of epithets, and Hackett lets out a crybaby whimper: “Waaaaaaa!”


“What’s that, punk?” the big man growls.

A TV crew is setting up nearby, but Hackett doesn’t seem to care. “What’s your fuckin’ problem?” the candidate snaps. “You got something to say to me? Bring it on!” Hackett, all 6 feet 2 inches of him, is nose to nose with the heckler. “Problem?” he taunts. The man turns around and storms away.

“These guys in the Republican Party adopted this tough-guy language,” Hackett tells me, still steamed, an hour later. “They’re bullies. They’re offended when somebody takes a swing back at them.”

11 Comments:

  • How true.. Most of them I know are big pussies that shrink at any real confrontation or opinion that's backed up with fact.

    By Blogger Yukkione, at 2:08 PM  

  • Exactly. I mean, how fired up am I going to get following the marshmallow brigade.

    I want someone who I would follow out of the trenches.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 2:12 PM  

  • I can't wait tio see more of Mr. Hackett, in the future. A rare Democrate with balls.

    By Blogger Yukkione, at 2:15 PM  

  • The question to me is, a lot of politician's start out with balls.....

    Just like a lot start out as reformers.....

    It's tough to stay that way. Almost every person you come into contact with wants a piece of you.

    Obama seems to be right at that decision point right now.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:54 PM  

  • I don't know if this is mainly an Ohio blog or not, but Ohioans, from my experience, are not big on being cursed at, or really cursing at all.

    So while this might play well with some folks, many of our voters are older folks, not really in to the whole "fuckin" word. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:11 PM  

  • Oh no. I'm in Texas. I know next to nothing about Ohio, except a little about coingate and that Dewine appears to be in trouble.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 6:20 PM  

  • so is this supposed to be a true story or what?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:32 AM  

  • Yep. This is supposed to be a true story.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 11:39 AM  

  • got a link?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 PM  

  • Yeah, just click the exceprt in the post, it'll link. (I usually embed the links in the excepts. If that doesn't work, cut and paste this address in the browser window.

    http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2005/11/paul_hackett.html

    It's Mother Jones, so it's coming from a far left mag, but I have no reason to doubt it's veracity.

    Hope that helps.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:05 PM  

  • Thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home