.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

5 minutes on CNN

Okay, so I sit down with my lunch to watch CNN and the first thing I hear is this quote from a CNN reporter on his thoughts about the LA immigration protests. (Tony somebody - my transcript)
"(I thought to myself) My goodness, what an economic statement all these people are making. You know they're not taking care of the fairways at your favorite golf course, they're not at home with your kids...."

How could Tony leave out the place kickers? Or the Mariachi band members? Some more responsible blogger will probably cut it out of the transcripts tomorrow, but my jaw just dropped.

Then, CNN cuts to a Rumsfeld press conference where he criticizes the media for not covering the bombs that don't go off in Iraq. He made a big point of how the recent pilgrimage reflected less deaths than last year, but he left out the massive presence of the Medhi militia this time around. They were in every picture.

6 Comments:

  • Did Rummy REALLY make that point. I can see it now.

    "Does the media report the insurgent cells who are only at 70 or 80 percent bombing efficiency? Of course not."

    My, these are the strange times.

    By Blogger Bravo 2-1, at 2:28 PM  

  • Oh, he did. It was the second point if you check the transcript at DoD later right after he praised Iran contra figure Weinberger, and before he took questions on the Russians giving the Iraq warplan to Iraq.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 3:03 PM  

  • CNN is a disgrace. And the morning version of it is that much worse.

    By the way, I completely agree with you about Pleasantville.

    By Blogger JUSIPER, at 4:28 PM  

  • Thanks Sini. I always like to hear I'm right.(heh)

    And, I do have one thing about CNN. They've started broadcasting the CNNInternational show Your World Today at 11PM central/noon Eastern, and that is a real newscast. It's excellent. Just news, almost no soft stories, no opinion.

    If you haven't caught it, check it out.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:36 PM  

  • Yes, you are right, the international thing is good. I can't even begin to imagine what its ratings and demographics are like compared to the shows at 11 and 1 EST.

    By Blogger JUSIPER, at 8:11 AM  

  • Well, the fact it's still on 6 months later shows it must be okay(of course it's also free filler.)

    And, you figure its three hours fall at 7 or 8 in the mideast, and 5-7 or so in europe, so it's got to be CNNI's top show.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home