.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

How did I ever miss this?

From October 2003. (USAToday)

At the Friday event, the first lady Mrs. Bush recited a poem she said President Bush greeted her with when she returned recently from France, where President Jacques Chirac had kissed her hand twice. It read in part:

"Roses are red/Violets are blue/Oh my, lump in the bed/How I've missed you."

"Roses are redder/Bluer am I/Seeing you kissed by that charming French guy."

I'm guessing he wrote that himself.

And, I'll bet she smiled and dutifully put it on the refrigerator.

1 Comments:

  • Ha! "Oh my, lump in the bed," that is just precious. Who could have thunk it, ol' Dubya is a rhymer.

    His talents never cease to amaze and entertain.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home