.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Is this story a plant?

It's a weird grey day here in Houston, and I've already got the tinfoil hat out from the earlier post on Bolivia, so I thought I'd ask, does this morning's WaPo article about the Bush administration channeling $157 million in grants to rightwing Christian goups seem like a planted story to anyone else?

There's been alot of polling showing Bush losing support from the evangelicals and fundies, my question is, in the face of these falling polls, could this story have come from the White House in an effort to shore up that base by showing them that Bush is taking care of them?

I don't see any clear newspeg in the story, a report or audit from some outraged group or oversight agency that brought this forward. So, I just wonder whether some politico in or around the administration called Thomas Edsall and said, "I've got a story for you."

I don't know, just throwing it out as it crossed my mind.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah,

    I also read that there had not been on non-christian group who qualified under these programs as of about six months ago.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home