.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, April 20, 2006

And you think your life is hard.

From Supreme Court nominee to out on her ass? Harriet Miers is having a really bad year.

UPDATE: Here's the NYTimes piece Rawstory was teasing. (Also, more solid bits on Tony Snow replacing McClellan.)
Mr. Bolten is said by a number of Republicans in Washington to feel that Ms. Miers is indecisive, a weak manager and slow in moving vital paperwork through the system.....

It was not clear whether Mr. Bolten was floating a trial balloon to gauge White House reaction to the idea, or whether he might have been intending to send a signal to Ms. Miers that he would like her to think about leaving on her own.



2 Comments:

  • I still have seriuos reservations over a Murdoch connection in the White House. I guess it will make it easier for the networks of everything is presented straight up in Fox-speak.

    By Blogger Cartledge, at 11:09 AM  

  • I just find it surprising that Tony Snow would take this job. I don't watch Fox, so I know nothing about the guy, and I guess it would build the resume, but at the same time it's going to burn the indelible image of him being peppered into the collective subconscious.

    I don't see why anybody would want to go from a situation where they choose the topics, ask the questions, and hang up on callers, to the White House press sec. It just doesn't seem like a good move to me.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home