.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, April 28, 2006

Neil Young's servers are already under duress

I've always been mixed on Neil Young, I absolutely adore the acoustic and early electric stuff. Some of the grunge/noise stuff from the 90's is pretty good, too, but he always seems to have a lot of filler songs, too.

Nonetheless, with his antiwar album coming out on the net today, I think it's probably worth a listen. His website is already completely overloaded at 8AM(other artists, notice the pent up demand for an antiwar message,) but I was able to listen to some of the album here.

(Also, not that I would encourage such a thing, but it hasn't hit bittorrent yet, but I would bet it'll be there by this afternoon.)

Later: Frankly, some decent songs but I'm not overwhelmed. Please don't let that stop you, though. Even if you're not a Neil Young fan, go ahead and click the link, play the album, even if you just turn the sound down. Today, we vote with our bandwidth. We can make this antiwar message news.

2 Comments:

  • For now I'm just being a hype machine. It's actually a lot better than I expected it to be. The man hasn't made a great album in over a decade!

    By Blogger JUSIPER, at 11:18 PM  

  • I agree completely, but I also really like some of the older stuff. I hate being that "older stuff" guy, but it's true.

    Of course, when I really started listening to it, it was already older stuff.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home