.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sellout McCain gets Union Busted!

I won't go into all of the reasons why, but as a spurned McCain supporter from 2000, this makes me smile.

Sen. John McCain threatened on Tuesday to cut short a speech to union leaders who booed his immigration views and later challenged his statements on organized labor and the Iraq war.

"If you like, I will leave," McCain told the AFL-CIO's Building and Construction Trades Department, pivoting briefly from the lectern. He returned to the microphone after the crowd quieted.

"OK, then please give me the courtesy I would give you."

If anybody sees a video of this, let me know.

2 Comments:

  • I'm counting the days till his concession speech.

    By Blogger JUSIPER, at 2:00 PM  

  • I used to like the man but I've changed my mind about him, especially after his sarcastic remark about immigrants doing the jobs Americans won't and he made an offer of $50 an hour to anyone who would pick lettuce in Arizona. When several hands went up and offered to do the work, his response was that they wouldn't do it and wouldn't last the season.

    Is the man out of touch with reality? What immigrants make $50 an hour to pick lettuce? And why did he insinuate American's are soft and couldn't do the work. What an insult that was to all Americans.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home