.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, May 19, 2006

Freaky-Weird

So, I'm at my local barbeque place waiting for some takeout ribs for lunch, and out of the corner of my eye, I see a face I recognize. As a hint, I live in Houston about 12 miles from congressional district 22. Ohmygod, it's Tom Delay!!!!

Now, it wasn't Tom Delay, but this guy was a spitting image of what Delay would look like if he lost 30 pounds. I mean, just dead-on body double. So, being who I am, I had to comment, and we started a little conversation. He told me that it's been just awful. He poured out like a man ready to break.

Around Tom Delay's various peaks in the public eye, people whisper and point at him. Sitting in restaurants people take pictures of him. People walk up to this poor guy to express support or say foul things to him. He said that around the resignation, he just stopped going out except when he absolutely had to.

Perhaps the funniest, his kid's highschool tried to enlist him to take pies in the face as part of a fundraiser. What a bizarre experience this poor guy has had just through freakish coincidence.

Just a little weirdness from somebody else's world.

7 Comments:

  • Wow, poor fella. Even the guy that impersonates Bush can make the best of it. What's the Delay stand-in to do?
    Poor, poor guy.

    By Blogger zen, at 2:09 PM  

  • I know, Bush double, Saddam double, even OJ double and you can make money off it, but Delay double?

    And I asked him the logical question.

    He said he's always worn his hair like that and he likes it, and his wife didn't like him with facial hair.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 2:40 PM  

  • That's got be a curse from on high, and I don't just mean w.r.t. DeLay. Looking too much like any public personality, beloved or not, would be a curse.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 PM  

  • Similar story - my doctor looks like Dick Cheney. How would you like to see Cheney stretching a plastic glove over an extended finger, walking towards you and telling you to bend over?

    Yikes...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:13 PM  

  • Poor guy..and he lives in Texas no less..

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:30 PM  

  • "How would you like to see Cheney stretching a plastic glove over an extended finger, walking towards you and telling you to bend over?"

    I may never sleep again!

    By Blogger Reality-Based Educator, at 4:44 PM  

  • Abi, I laughed out loud.

    And, Dusty, he lives in Houston, near Tom Delay's district.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home