.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Blogger Tip

For those of you using blogger as your posting interface, here's a little tip I've found unfortunately handy lately. After you finish writing your post, but before you attempt to publish, click on the Edit Html tab, highlight everything in the box and "copy" it to the clipboard.

That way, if Blogger eats the post you've just spent too much time working on, you can take that body of the post you just copied and save it in notepad, and then when normal service resumes, just reverse the process and paste it in the Edit Html tab, retitle, and publish.

I know it's not the ideal solution, but it saves alot of work if your post is format or link heavy.

4 Comments:

  • I guess I'm the belt and suspenders type! Anything I intend posting on the web I prepare and save on the desktop first.
    I have been caught once too often by timeouts :(

    By Blogger Cartledge, at 2:15 PM  

  • I understand that's the more practical and sustainable way, but that's just a quick shortcut that works for me.

    Sometimes when it times out, I just hit the back button on the browser and then republish, but often that gets multiple posts, and there are times like this morning where I can't sit and F*** with it, and I just want to save my work.

    Ideally, this shouldn't be an issue, but it's the nature of it.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 2:43 PM  

  • I do basically the same thing Mike,putting it in draft form in my gmail account. That is a window that is always open when I am online.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:06 PM  

  • I've been using Firefox, which copies a post without having to go to Edit HTML. I've lost too many posts to Blogger as well!

    By Blogger Reality-Based Educator, at 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home