.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Not one.

I guess this is as good an excuse as any. (I seem to remember a past excuse around security and not wanting to disrupt.) Has he been invited to any?
President Bush has met hundreds of families of fallen soldiers, but he has yet to attend a servicemember’s funeral, he said Tuesday.

“Because which funeral do you go to? In my judgment, I think if I go to one I should go to all. How do you honor one person but not another?” he said.

And, by the way, he's met with "hundreds of families?" Would that be twenty-five "hundreds?" So, it's okay to honor one family over another, just not one dead soldier over another.

5 Comments:

  • Tony Snow's wonderful quote came into my mind.."Its just a number"..when I read this.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:29 PM  

  • Bush's pathological personality cannot bear to see the results fo his actions.

    By Blogger liberal_dem, at 5:32 PM  

  • And, the whitehouse staff don't dare expose him to anyone who might challenge what he's told.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:46 PM  

  • He couldn't stand to look at a solider lying in a casket and then look up at the parents.

    His shame says just mabey he does have a heart.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:30 PM  

  • Or that he doesn't want a picture to exist of him at a funeral.

    Have you ever seen a picture from one of those group family meetings?

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home