.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Monday, August 07, 2006

I have been the direct target of propaganda

Check out the comment left earlier by spc. Patrick Ziegler on this post inviting me to check out the "happy news" on the Centcom.mil site.
Spc. Ziegler here from U.S. Central Command Public Affairs, don’t worry, big brother is not watching. I seem to get that allot. I am not posting a comment here to try and persuade anybody to change there mind or point of view. My only intention is to invite readers to visit the CENTCOM website at www.centcom.mil.....

Think I got it for the "Battle for Baghdad" title, the Juan Cole link, or was I just next on the list?

(On the Centcom site, there is no mention of war at all!!!! It shows training and construction projects, but not one mention of any missions or fighting. Scary, intentional propaganda. (And no, I'm not giving them a link.))

4 Comments:

  • The "Battle of Bahgdad" title probably got you the visit from the Spc. I wonder if he's blogging all that good news himself from Baghdad or if he's in Florida with the rest of the Central Command telling you how many wonderful things are happening over in Iraq?

    By Blogger Reality-Based Educator, at 6:21 PM  

  • I feel fairly secure that he's in Florida and that the comment is a cut and paste job. This is probably his "mission" for the war.

    Well, I guess if my choice were that or street patrols in Mosul.....

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 8:03 PM  

  • If Big Brother ISN'T watching, why is the PR machine posting on your blog? No $h#t he hears that a lot! BTW, you should invite Spc. Ziegler to visit dictionary.com so he can learn how to spell "allot" correctly. Or, maybe that's intionally in the 'cut and paste' so you'll think he's just a regular Joe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 PM  

  • I'll bet you're right on that second point!!!!

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home