.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Monday, September 25, 2006

Rewriting Bush on the front page

On the front page of the WaPo, there is an article recasting President Bush as silently suffering for all the (US) deaths in Iraq.

That "Bring'em on" statement, the "Mission Accomplished" appearance in military gear and full swagger? That was another guy. This pre-election Bush feels.

(I'm sure this recast, sourced largely to aides, friends, and families, has nothing to do with the Republican loss of "security moms.")

2 Comments:

  • "silently suffering" for the deaths he's caused?

    "crocodile tears", I call it.

    He's violated the War Crimes Act, and now he's trying to acquire immunity.

    I don't think he's even human.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 PM  

  • I agree. I tried to make my skepticism come through. If you look at the sourcing on this story, Bush aides, Bush friends, and family members. What, am I supposed to expect him to go into one of those family meetings cracking jokes?

    This is a constructed story fed to Peter Baker.

    It's essential for Republican hopes that they regain the Security Moms who they've lost over the last year because of Iraq, because of the death in Iraq, so showing a president who cares plays right to them.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home