.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, September 28, 2006

What are Condi's secrets?

This is one of those cryptic things that piques my curiousity. At a recent meeting at NYTimes headquarters, while Condi Rice was criticizing the Times for for not keeping confidentiality,
QUESTION: Well, that’s taking it to extremes.

SECRETARY RICE: No.

QUESTION: And we – this paper has kept some of your secrets for you, too.

SECRETARY RICE: I understand that and I appreciate that. But I think that when it comes to – you know, I’m speaking to the leaks problem. I know this is a major, major issue in the journalistic community. But I can tell you from the point of view of somebody who has to (inaudible) security (inaudible), it’s a problem.

Are you curious? I sure am.

3 Comments:

  • Ms. Rice's expertese, before coming to the White House, was in Soviet affairs. I'm not sure she had any special skills or awareness of the Middle East or terrorism or Jihadiism. I think this is bourne out not only be the complete incompetence and ineffectiveness of this administration in subduing international terroism, but also in the wholesale disinterest this administration had in counter-terrorism (along with its single-minded preoccupation with missle defense) during its first 8 months in power.

    By Blogger -epm, at 11:14 AM  

  • Agreed. But, let me add that that Soviet, Binary, hierachichal interpretation is still informing our policies. The reality is that we are facing a movement, not an enemy. The Bush admin is still working black hat, white hat.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 3:47 PM  

  • That's my point Condi and Bush have come to a chess tournament with a rack of checkers. The board may be familiar, but the game is very different.

    By Blogger -epm, at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home