.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The money quote from Maliki

I heard this on my TV today regarding timetables/benchmarks, but hadn't actually seen it in writing.
"I am positive that this is not the official policy of the American government but rather a result of the ongoing election campaign. And that does not concern us much," he (Maliki) said.

Without question, the best assessment out there.

They say that facing death sharpens the mind, right?

5 Comments:

  • I was blown away by this...it just doesn't get any better than this close to the elections...except Rush Limballs of course.

    By Blogger sumo, at 1:35 AM  

  • I love it when the puppet talks tough.

    By Blogger abi, at 6:23 AM  

  • Sumo, yeah, I can't believe he actually said that. My hunch is that he either didn't know it's impact implications, or, possibly, that he knew and threw in the little barb as a response to the US's condescending language. It'd piss off the people in Washington, but Casey and Khalilzad wouldn't care.

    abi, after all the TV I've watched, doesn't the ventriloquist's dummy always turn on its master?

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 7:37 AM  

  • Let's hope so - only then will I believe we really did spread liberty in Iraq.

    By Blogger abi, at 10:00 PM  

  • That's really true.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home