.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, October 27, 2006

Picture of the Day - 3 - PR


I look at the Iraq wire photos on Yahoo every day, and very rarely have I seen more than one positive picture of soldier/child every few days. Now, suddenly starting on Oct 26, I count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Two different photographers (Iraqi) and all involving the 172nd Stryker brigade. So, I would guess it's a genuine effort by this unit, but it's striking in its suddenness.

(Let me make very clear that all evidence is that there have been positive interactions in the more pacified areas throughout, but this is unusual.)

2 Comments:

  • You don't think this might be an organized PR campaign or something, do you?

    Naw, they wouldn't pull a stunt like that, would they?

    By Blogger QuakerDave, at 11:33 PM  

  • Oh, yeah, it definitely is, but I don't know if it's aimed at the US, or Baghdadis. I'm guessing the latter, and that it is being done on company/brigade level because it only seems to be involving the 172nd..

    I'm guessing this is part of the 172nd's campaign.

    (And there have been a lot more since I posted this.)

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home