.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Picture of the Day - 4




















Are you kidding me?

On the day his Chief of Staff resigns for attempting to cover for a pedophile?

(Rep. Tom Reynolds, R-N.Y., talks with first lady Laura Bush at a fundraiser in Amherst, N.Y., Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2006. Reynolds Tuesday denied knowing what his top aide might have done on behalf of a disgraced lawmaker Mark Foley in the days before Foley resigned. (AP Photo/David Duprey))

5 Comments:

  • I actually felt a pang of sadness for Jenna and Barbara... the Bush twins. I don't know why this particular pic did it. Can you image have such f'd up parents? Must have been a miserable, dysfunctional, cold, love-starved childhood... despite the material comforts I assume they were surrounded by.

    Bet ol' Laura and W. would throw their own kids to the sharks if they thought it would help the cause.

    (exaggerating only slightly..)

    By Blogger -epm, at 6:38 PM  

  • The days of Republicans being in charge are numbered. You know it as well as I.

    By Blogger Pennsylvania Independent, at 7:58 PM  

  • EPM, I agree. Growing up in a household with an absentee father and distant mom can really cause problems. Just ask George.

    Penn, I agree. With a month still to go, I'm still not willing to say 100% yes, there's still alot of time, but I would bet money on it, and I'm not a betting man.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 8:32 PM  

  • Repubs no longer in power? I'll beleive it sometime after 7 Nov. Until then I'll remain a cynic... Repubs may be thin on public policy and integrity, but they're masters of manipulation. Which brings me to 7 Nov...

    By Blogger -epm, at 9:26 PM  

  • Right, a long time still to go. Foley may well be forgotten after we escalate Iraq, or bomb Iran, or James Baker replaces Rumsfeld/Cheney.

    There's a ton of ground yet to go.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home