.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Monday, November 27, 2006

Iraq

The WaPo's Thomas Ricks comes out with another even more hopeless piece on the Devlin assessment of Anbar.

Michael Ware's report today. Ethnic cleansing, neighborhood warfare, indiscriminate mortar fire, dug in defensive postions around Sunni neighborhoods, and faction members vowing to fight to the death.

I can't take anymore. There are times I can view this from a distance, and times I am just overwhelmed. Iraq was a country once.....

I'm going to bed.

4 Comments:

  • I'm right there with you. Overwhelmed and just fed up!!I get so sick of seeing...I just break down and cry. I wish I had the answers. It's like dying a slow and painful death with a cure in sight but no passion to retrieve it.

    Maybe it's time for me to go to bed, too. I think I've over-dosed on 'reality according to bush' today...

    Hey, you have a great blog! Glad I found you.
    We can't give up Hope. It's what we have left.

    Peace

    By Blogger Lady Liberty, at 10:52 PM  

  • I hit overwhelmed a few days ago. I started sewing again. But I still want to read my favorites.

    By Blogger sumo, at 12:54 AM  

  • There are points where I look at what has happened to the orfdinary Iraqis, what theire lives have become and just break down.

    There are points where the horror just overwhelms me.

    Thanks for the support.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 7:42 AM  

  • Keeping their minds on guns, they at least dono't have a drug problem.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home