.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, November 16, 2006

So, Pelosi's a failure....

Before she's even in office, the people on my TV are telling me that Nancy Pelosi is a failure. Incredible.

Why don't we just go the whole road diminishing her and talk about what she's wearing before we talk about what she's saying?

(Oh, wait, the USAToday removed the reference. All I can find is this little excerpt off GoogleNews that links to the edited article, "...Pelosi, arriving for the closed-door gathering at the Cannon House office building wearing a bright red suit, declined to comment when asked if she had the ...")

2 Comments:

  • I am rather baffled by the Pelosi situation. It seems like her failure is pre-determined or that there are people who want her to fail. This negative press doesn't really jive with what is actually going on, in my opinion.

    I am not feeling very good about the Democrats 'performance' in regard to Pelosi. Shouldn't they be more supportive or am I missing something? Feel free to enlighten me on this - I admit I am biased.

    By Blogger Ptelea, at 1:09 AM  

  • Exactly. It's like the media has accepted the right wing's spin on her.

    The Hoyer/Murtha thing is so Washington "insidery", people out here in the country don't see it as that big of a deal. Tom Delay made a whole lot of the post, but Boehner didn't, and historically, it's been influential, but not huge.

    And, Pelosi's going to be a lightning rod. I was very impressed with her as minority leader, she managed the Dems in Congress phenomenally choosing when to fight, when not to, working the politics the votes, managing discipline, BUT....

    As speaker, we're going to get a test case on a woman in power. Already there's been the different language used, talking about her clothes, a different set of adjectives and descriptions.

    And, on top of that, she's going to be the Republicans prime attack point. There's very little to go after Harry Reid about, and as we know, there's a strong element of mysogynation in the Republican party.

    I would guess alot of Dems smell all this, and don't want to go to the next election tied to "San Francisco Pelosi."

    I'm pulling for her, though. After watching her in the minority, she's really quite good. The only question is the increased scrutiny of being in majority. We've already seen a number of Dems whose quotes have been picked up that wouldn't have been six months ago.

    Go, Nancy, Go.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home