.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Israel doesn't like being thrown under the Iraqi bus

I was wondering how long this was going to take.
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Thursday that he disagreed with a U.S. advisory group's linkage of efforts to stabilize Iraq with new moves to end Israel's conflict with its neighbors.

I'm often not very happy with Israeli government actions, but I really can't blame them here. I think the ISG's analysis is right in the broad view (US/regional,) but if I were the Israeli government, I sure wouldn't like having my negotiating position undermined like this.

(Side Note. Because of the often passionate response around Israel, I was hesitant to publish this very innocuous post. I didn't really want to get sucked into the larger debate. Israel has become such a taboo subject in America.

But you know what, screw that. Self-censorship is just wrong. So here it is. )

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home