.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Monday, January 15, 2007

The duplicitous "Saint" John McCain

I'm now embarassed to admit it, but I'm still on the McCain mailing list. (I was a supporter in 2000.)

The reason I admit this now is because I want to call bullshit on McCain's statement regarding the surge,
"I have presidential ambitions, but they pale in comparison to what I think is most important to our nation's security. If it destroys any ambitions I may have, I'm willing to pay that price gladly," McCain said."

On the night of the Bush speech, I received not one, but two calls from McCain's political operation. One before the speech, and one after. I didn't exactly hear what the "volunteers" were seeking because I was too busy shouting obscenities into the phone.

Then, a couple days later, I received a mailer from the McCain Exploratory Committee (asking for money, of course.)

These are the first contacts I've had in over a year.

I just want to point out that for all his public protestations about his "costly" position, he sure is trying to use his current prominence as "surge spokesman" to full advantage.

(BTW - I'm never getting off this list, am I? I've called, I've written, but they just keep sending me stuff.)

4 Comments:

  • BTW - I'm never getting off this list, am I?

    Nope. It's the gift that keeps on giving.... like it or not. This will be his last "surge" for the presidency though so two years and it will be over.

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 1:56 AM  

  • Good point. And it's not so much I hate the mail, I can draw some small satisfaction that I've taken fifity cents out of his coffers, it's that I'm on the list.

    My fear is that my name will be given or sold to whoever or whatever group McCain needs to do a favor for. And, the people he's going to need favors from in the 2008 run are even worse than he is.

    I fear it's now only the beginning.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 7:15 AM  

  • I'm sure it will reach fever pitch by next spring.

    At least it is a bit of inside information.

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 7:59 AM  

  • You'd think, but the letter was completely vapid. It said nothing.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home