.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Maliki wants out

Can you blame him?
Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki has made clear he dislikes being the country's leader and would prefer to leave the job before his term ends.....

"I wish I could be done with it even before the end of this term," he said. "I didn't want to take this position," he told the Wall Street Journal.

"I only agreed because I thought it would serve the national interest, and I will not accept it again."

Seriously, if his thoughts have already turned to life (survival) after his premiership, his interests have already swung away from what we would term "US interests" towards the Shia leaders who will protect and "employ" him after he leaves office.

In a very strange way, a dictator for life would have a longer term interest in stability.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home