.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Monday, January 01, 2007

Really? Friedman?

I'm not a Friedman fan, but I do find myself surprised that he made it into Al Qaeda no. 2, Ayman al-Zawahri's, latest statement.
Al-Zawahri tossed out insults to various leaders, making no effort to substantiate his allegations. He called Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf a "bribe-taker," Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak a "traitor," Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh an "agent of America," and he accused New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman of being a "fanatical Zionist."

I mean, really, if Al Qaeda is down to criticizing the NYTimes, they're running out of juice.

(And, no, I didn't miss the parallel.)

2 Comments:

  • You don't think they'll put a fatwa out against the "Mustache of Understanding," do you? That would be a shame if Friedman had to go into hiding and stop appearing on Sunday talk shows with Bobo Brooks.

    By Blogger Reality-Based Educator, at 8:53 AM  

  • I don't know. I'll bet he's looking into security, though.

    Friedman. Not Bill Kristol, not Perle or Wolfowitz? Friedman?

    It just seems such a bizarre target.

    As "Zionists" go, he doesn't even rank in the top tier.

    Maybe I'm missing something.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home