.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sometimes I wish I could draw

I think the editorial cartoon for the State of the Union will be Bush standing in the middle of a burning house labelled Iraq with beams falling all around him while he points to a small lump in his hand saying, "I'd like to take this opportunity to talk about my domestic agenda."

Also: Fareed Zakaria: By associating himself with democracy, Bush is actually making democracy wane. (BBC world opinion poll.)

(We now have a poll with Bush approval in the 20's. An outlier, but still.... The center seems to be around 32-33.)

2 Comments:

  • I was waiting for you to find this poll. Shockingly, this poll shows that the alliances we built over the last century with our western allies has atrophied to the point of disfunction. We now receive more "moral" support from Nigeria and Kenya than we do from the great European powers; something I find disturbing.

    By Blogger -epm, at 8:41 AM  

  • I saw it yesterday, but didn't have the right "hook" to place it.

    Sadly, the fact that the world now hates America, didn't feel like news, you know?

    And, Nigeria surprised the hell out of me with all the anti western stuff being carried out by the locals in in the delta. Even if the population doesn't support them, you would think that the violence there would be attached to the western oil firms.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070123/wl_afp/nigeriaoilunrest_070123115939

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home