.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, March 09, 2007

Admit thy sins and be forgiven

Check this out:
The nation's top two law enforcement officials acknowledged Friday the FBI broke the law to secretly pry out personal information about Americans. They apologized and vowed to prevent further illegal intrusions.

(Okay, so we robbed all those banks, but, you know, now that you've caught us, we just want you to know that we're really, really sorry and won't do it again.)

I've seen several bits today where they actually praise these guys for "taking quick accountability," but it's not accountability if nothing happens.

If accountability means no recriminations, I might as well admit I was behind the Niger forgeries. I was playing Playstation with Bush while New Orleans went under. What the hell, I shot JFK.

Now, praise me for my courage and responsibility, and I'll promise to never do it again.

"The nation's two top law enforcement officials" admit their agency broke the law, and nothing happens.

What have they done to my country?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home