.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Saturday, April 07, 2007

How do you solve a problem like Sharia?

Hardline Islamic violence is threatening to spread to Pakistan's capital.
A hard-line cleric said Friday that he was setting up a religious court here in the country’s capital, and threatened suicide attacks if the government did not enact Islamic law and close down brothels and video stores within a month.

Hard to tell how real this threat is, but with Musharraf already under assail by the centrists for the firing of Justice Chaudry, this is another very sticky problem for a very wobbly Musharraf.

4 Comments:

  • Dadgummit, Mike, now you've got me hearing that headline singing all through my head, and I can't get it out. Please refrain in the future from all references to Lerner and Loewe musicals.

    If you really want to be compassionate to the unusually musically sensitive, you can add Rodgers and Hammerstein to the list also. Thanks.

    By Blogger Motherlode, at 9:08 AM  

  • Sorry. The joke has been in my head for months. It was my hope that by using it that maybe I could finally rid myself of the curse.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 12:26 PM  

  • That at GOT to be the best headline I've ever read! Love it...

    By Blogger -epm, at 2:26 PM  

  • Again, it's been haunting me for months....

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home