.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Giuliani endorses public funding of abortion

Wow. Giuliani comes out and says he would endorse public funding for abortion because it's a Constitutional Right. It's not as clear in the article as it is in the video starting 1/2 way in. Public funding for abortion. Wow.

Obviously this is a planned position. I guess they figured they'd never convince anyone if they tried to pull a Romney so they've gone with the "skate by" position "I personally don't approve of abortion, but will accept the law of the land."

But, endorsing public funding is even a step farther.

I hope Rudy doesn't need any volunteers in the South.

Later: In Iowa, "The couple hundred people listening in the high school gymnasium gave him a polite but hardly rip-roaring reception. A partition divided the gym to make it appear better attended than it was.....

Just before the candidate took the stage, a few in the audience tried to start a "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy" chant. It was a halfhearted effort that died quickly."

6 Comments:

  • Keep your eyes on Mitt. He's a shark.

    Mitt will have to go all brown-shirt to get the nomination, however, and with today's rapid response progressives I think that will sink him in the general.

    For the life of me I don't understand why Huckabee isn't feeling the love of the GOP.

    By Blogger -epm, at 2:37 PM  

  • I saw a teaser for this interview and was struck by how "rough" Giuliani really is.

    It's been awhile since I've actually seen him interviewed and I'd forgotten how "New York" he really is. I really think he's going to get undermined. I think he's better as an image than as a person.

    Mitt's in a no win. He's not going to beat Giuliani without going hard right, but, there's all that history, all those quotes, all that video against that hard right image.

    Yet, even if he chooses that hard right path, it looks like somebody genuinely right, Thompson, Gingrich, will come in and take that share away from him later.

    Without some fundamental change, I don't see where he fits in.

    As for Huckabee, I think he's our because he speaks right sided heresy. He wants to care for the poor.

    Your misunderstanding of his unpopularity is that you are taking the "Christian Conservatives" and assuming that name means they're actually Christian.

    Huckabee will never succeed because the GOP, and yes Christian, leaders don't want someone in who might rock their money/power spinning boat.

    Remember the whole christian movement is funded by the wealthy and powerful be they Richard Scaife types of Pat Robertson types. Their organization is not grassroots, it is agribusiness.

    And Huckabee wants to go after their profits and control.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 3:56 PM  

  • I agree, epm. I'd put money on Romney being the Republican nominee. And Giuliani has no chance whatsoever.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:28 PM  

  • Really? I just see Romney's positions as so attackable if somebody gets in trouble.

    But I guess somebody has to win, Right?

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:59 PM  

  • Romney's smooth and slick enough to handle the flip flops. He's not Kerry. And he's the very picture of competence - quite a contrast to Bush. I don't see anyone in the current field beating him.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:05 AM  

  • I answered you up on the Romney post above.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home