.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Goodling

Monica Goodling is trying to blame everyone else, McNulty, Sampson, but she is admitting illegal acts. (Later: video.)
Rep. Bobby Scott , D-Va., hammered Goodling on her decisions to hire prosecutors who favored Republicans.

"Do you believe they were illegal or legal?" Scott asked.

"I don't believe I intended to commit a crime," Goodling, a lawyer, answered.

"Did you break the law? Is it against the law to take those considerations into account?" Scott said.

"I believe I crossed the line, but I didn't mean to," she responded.


I'm yet to see or read anything that seems to justify the grant of immunity. I would expect something more.

Later: She was only granted "Use Immunity?"

2 Comments:

  • In the true spirit of neo-Republicanism: "The buck stop... there."

    By Blogger -epm, at 9:26 PM  

  • I always laugh at the joke someone told years ago that Bush has a sign on his desk,

    "The buck doesn't even slow down here."

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home