.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Bill Richardson raises $5.2 million, but from where?

I admit, Bill Richardson raising $5.2 million this quarter and $18 million overall for his presidential campaign is pretty impressive, but I gotta wonder where that money's coming from.

I mean, who is giving $18 million to a presidential campaign that, quite frankly, doesn't really have a chance.

Is it "lobbying the New Mexico governor" money? Or "I may need to know the Dem VP" hedge bets? Hispanic money?

(I wonder how many Richardson donaters also show up on the Clinton or Obama lists.)

2 Comments:

  • Look up "Walter Maki"--he's a businessman in New Mexico whose companies have received some huge energy contracts from Richardson during his time as Governor and Energy Secretary. Maki is spending a lot of time with Richardson in NH working on fundraising, so his efforts could be behind a large portion of this money.

    I did a lot of research on Maki this past summer but decided against posting anything on the blog about it--im sure all the candidates have guys like this.



    www.LukeVargas.com

    By Blogger Luke Vargas, at 10:30 PM  

  • I've heard of Maki.

    The whole thing is just so alien to me as I don't live in a world where you pass around $3,500 checks to manage relationships.

    And, yeah, they all have people like this.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home