.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Stop me before I kill again

I'm often amazed by the Bush tactic of blaming others for his acts. Within about 5 minutes of today's press conference, he did it twice.

First, he said he would have to reject the pending SCHIP legislation and then blamed the Congress for letting poor kids go without healthcare. Then, he said that Iran has a choice to cooperate with the diplomacy and that any result is up to them.

Did you get that? If he vetoes legislation, the results are not his fault. If Iran finds itself with American bombs coming down like rain, it's the Iranians themselves that are to blame.

I'm sure there's some psychological term to describe this sort of externalization, but all I keep thinking is "Stop me before I kill again."

(And, if I remember right, Saddam made a choice, too.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home