.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A little polling

We're still too far out for horserace coverage, but I thought this was interesting. (ARG polling.)

Among Democrats:

* Iowa: Clinton 32%, Obama 22%, Edwards 15%
* New Hampshire: Clinton 40%, Obama 22%, Edwards 10%
* South Carolina: Clinton 41%, Obama 19%, Edwards 18%

Among Republicans:

* Iowa: Romney 27%, Huckabee 19%, Giuliani 16%, McCain 14%
* New Hampshire: Romney 30%, Giuliani 23%, McCain 17%
* South Carolina: Romney 29%, Giuliani 23%, McCain 13%, Thompson 10%

(Catch that Fred Thompson wave.)

4 Comments:

  • I keep seeing on the net various polls that show serious support for Ron Paul, but the tv networks and newspapers never mention him.

    hm.....

    By Blogger r8r, at 5:50 PM  

  • My impression is that I haven't seen anything where he pulled more than about 5%.

    Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

    I do foresee the possibility that he might do far better than expected in New Hampshire, but I don't see him pulling the 1 or 2 slot.

    He's speaking for a segment of Republicans and identifying some issues, but anti-Iraq/anti-Bush doesn't win the Republican primary.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 6:00 PM  

  • Watch Romney ride that early wave.

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 6:03 PM  

  • There's a case to be made for that, but I have this sense that his support is kind of tepid. Nothing to support that but a feeling.

    The Romney strategy that is being discussed is to get through the first three (or four) building credibility, then Romney dumps in a load of his own money trying to sew up the nomination before the April 1st reporting shows what he did.

    It could work.

    (Frankly, of the major Republican candidates, he's the one I would mind the least as president. Despite his crazy talk to win the nomination, it's my sense that he would abandon alot of that out of practicality if he actually became president.)

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home