.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Is Fred Thompson even trying anymore?







Seriously? This is the pitch?
“I’m not particularly interested in running for president," the former senator said at a campaign event in Burlington when challenged by a voter over his desire to be commander-in-chief.

“But I think I’d make a good president," Thompson continued. "I have the background, capability, and concern to do this and I’m doing it for the right reasons.”....

"I am not consumed by personal ambition," Thompson also said Saturday. "I'm offering myself up."

"I'm only consumed by a few things and politics is not one of them."

Was the SNL sketch the turning point?

(Fred Thompson casts a shadow on a banner during a campaign stop, Thursday, Dec. 27, 2007, in Urbandale, Iowa.(AP Photo/Charlie Neibergall))

2 Comments:

  • the press isn't really covering Thompson fairly... in fact they're being lazy.

    By Blogger Daily Plunge, at 10:21 AM  

  • I'll agree to that. When the perception came that he'd turned off, they dismissed him as an outsider candidate.

    But then again, he's definitely not the only one marginalized by the media.

    I think the whole thing turned for him on that Saturday Night Live sketch. That certainly didn't do it, but it seemed to catch the turning point.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home