.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, February 15, 2008

Political bits

Let's start off with Texas polling for everyone!

Rasmussen shows Clinton +16 with a whole lot of undecided and wobbly voters. ARG shows a pretty unbelievable Obama +6. My guess is that it's right about in the middle, Clinton +6-8. (I'll do a "my sense of Texas" post a couple days after Wisconsin, but I think Texas men will go to Obama more than the polling and there will be lots of crossover voting. Outside the core Democratic party, there's alot of anti-Clinton in Texas. Alot.)

Rasmussen also has Obama at a slim +4 in Wisconsin.

(Politico) The SEIU is not only endorsing Obama, but "the chatter" is that they're planning a big "independent expenditure" for him.

(CNN) "In a conference call with reporters, SEIU Secretary-Treasurer Anna Burger said the union would immediately begin help mobilize its members and resources on the ground in Wisconsin, which votes on Tuesday."

(TheTrail) Did prominent black superdelegate John Lewis change his mind about switching from Clinton to Obama?

(USAToday) The NYTimes reporter who printed it said Lewis "unequivocally" said he was switching. (Right now, Rep. John Lewis can't be reached for comment!)

(Politico) Even Barack Obama can't get Rep. Lewis on the phone!

Bloomberg pushes a story on a very tenuous link between Obama and someone tied to the Weathermen from the 60's, even though the article says there's nothing there. (It's not like Mike Bloomberg wants to run against Hillary Clinton....)

On the Republican side, CQ has an interesting article with lots of tepid statements of support for McCain.

Newsweek has a behind the scenes look at the Romney endorsement. (I'm sure it had nothing to do with kneecapping Huckabee before 2012.)

And, I'm going to lay out the possibility that Huckabee could do very well in Texas (assuming he doesn't drop out.) Texas is BIG evangelical, McCain's getting no enthusiasm, and I'm hearing alot of Republicans talking about crossing over.

2 Comments:

  • My head's spinning with poll numbers and prognostications. And I'm stuck here in first-in-the-nation NH with my finger so far off the pulse of the upcoming contests I feel down right clueless as to which way the winds are blowing.

    It feels like a year's gone by since the NH primary. I'm sure the voters in the upcoming states are all worked up, but I just want to get on with it. The general election process that is.

    By Blogger -epm, at 3:58 PM  

  • That's why I'm not talking too much about Texas yet. It's still weeks away.

    Wisconsin polls are worth watching, though.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home