.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Political bits - Sunday

(MikeAllen) The Grateful Dead (or what remains of them) will reunite for a Feb 4. concert supporting Obama. (Is that old enough and white enough for you, Tom?)

(AFP) "I assume I will get the nomination of our party," McCain told reporters, insisting he was not taking anything for granted. "I assume that unifying our party is a very critical item ... and I'm confident I can do that."

(CNN) RFK's widow, Ethel Kennedy, comes out for Obama.

(AP) Romney wins Maine (and nobody seems to care....)

(FirstRead) Obama gets 20,000 in St. Louis after 16,000+ in Boise (Boise!) and 20,000 in Minneapolis yesterday.

(FirstRead) Obama meanwhile seems to be trying to blunt Clinton's attacks over his healthcare plan by adding the line, caring for America's children is "a universal responsibility."

(And, I'd do more Clinton, but there doesn't seem to be as much news coming out of her campaign. The media is selling Obama.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home