.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Picture of the Day - 3

















I find it funny that on the same day there's a story in the NYTimes blasting Howard Dean for not doing enough in the presidential race, I also get a national story on how the Dem challenger in my Congressional district as symbolic of the Dems hopes for pickups.

My district is a prime example of the Dean "50 state strategy." Voted 64% for Bush in 2004., but with state and national help, elected a Democratic State Rep in 2006 in the national party's efforts to retake the Texas statehouse.

Howard Dean may not be playing traditional Democratic politics, but, really, in this target rich environment, is that such a bad thing?

(I think we're looking at a core difference between the traditionalist "Clinton" wing, and the Dean style populist "Obama" wing. Who wins the asserted power of the primary will likely effect the strategy all the way down to my district.)

(Howard Dean addresses the "Take Back America" conference in 2007 in Washington, DC. (AFP/File/Tim Sloan))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home